At present, technology is outpacing an organization’s ability to successfully implement it into their environment. Often, companies are challenged with complex, non-standardized processes while technology departments bear the burden of legacy systems that are expensive to update, maintain and migrate. RPA is a proven solution to increase efficiencies, reduce errors, and meet compliance requirements while leveraging easy-to-use software. An RPA solution can automate a business process and execute work like a human would. It is a powerful and effective tool that can be used in any industry or department where a structured business process is found
If a company does not already incorporate RPA in their automation strategy, they could be left behind to competitors who are finding more efficient ways to get work done. At Hollstadt, we consider RPA the gateway to Artificial Intelligence. The first step is to understand and then standardize workflow processes preparing for automation. We then use RPA as a tool to strip the mundane, error prone components out of the process by using robotics. Lastly, we take the robotic process one step further by using artificial intelligence to glean new learning to make more advanced, non-rule-based decisions with the help of a machine learning model or other intelligent automation strategies.
Let’s start with the basics. Here are a few areas to consider for everyday task automation to get started with RPA:
Customer Order Processing
- Glean email inboxes for incoming orders
- Create a record in the CRM system; upload the customer PO; robot automatically enters the order details into the CRM
- Validate contract payment terms, address, inventory details, etc. before placing the order
- Send a note of receipt back to the customer with details about order tracking
- Maximize order to fill and reduce errors
Call Center Automation
- Give reps the customer data they need on one single screen
- Maximize dashboard by pushing data to a single interface from many sources (internal and external) to minimize the use of multiple platforms and screen clicks
- Improve rep engagement on the phone and customer NPS
- Routine statement reconciliation
- Find duplicate records, entries, etc.
- Enter manual data previously entered by humans
- Free up Finance department to focus on other key tasks
HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO HOLLSTADT?
These examples are just a few ways that Robotic Process Automation can help create efficiencies in business practices and just one solution we provide as part of our practice.
Hollstadt Consulting has expanded our service offering to include services and solutions around Business Process Transformation (BPT). BPT is the constant evolution of performance by enhancing a process or strategy to better reach customers and engage employees.
This practice will be focused on Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Intelligent Automation (Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence), and Process Re-engineering. We help our clients by identifying the business need, consulting on an execution strategy, and building a team that will roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
Our talented team has years of experience in the business transformation space – understanding the needs and challenges clients face. Therefore; we can articulate a specific approach to help clients achieve their process transformation goals.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
We at Hollstadt are excited about this new business practice and to partner with our clients to help them strategize on their future process performance.
For our consultants, this provides excellent career advancement opportunities in technical and business spaces. If you have experience in RPA or Machine Learning or would like more information on a career path in this exciting space, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advice on the best ways to scale your next automation project or for tips on how to get started, please contact our Transformation office at email@example.com.